Thread: Animated Collapsible DIV issue with ie7 help

Thanks

Default Animated Collapsible DIV issue with ie7 help

1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...edcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem: Im having trouble with ie7 the fade is not working correctly. click here to view page, the first product "trigger clip" click on "learn more". But the strange thing is if I preview the page from dreamweaver to ie7 it works from the temp file. any help would be appreciated. Thanks -Evan
    Last edited by Snookerman; 05-06-2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added “Resolved” prefix

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm at a glance I'm not sure why the fade isn't working in IE. I do notice a scripting error on your page, however:

Code:
    Error: frmElement is undefined
    Source File: http://mediamason.net/aceleather/store/select.js
    Line: 29
    What happens if you disable the above script?
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I have taken out that script completely and I have reuploaded the page but it still has the same issue.

page without script

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmm this is a strange one. I've tried a few things, and at this point, my best guess is most likely you have unclosed DIV tags in the vicinity of the DIVs being expanded/contracted that's throwing IE off. If I define a new expandable content outside your page layout (ie: immediately following the BODY tag), the fade effect works in IE:

Code:
    <a href="javascript:animatedcollapse.toggle('test')">Learn More»</a>

<div id="test">
    sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />sdfs sdf sdf<br />
    </div>
    DD Admin

Thanks

an unclosed div is something I should look into. I was also up last night laying in bed and thought it might be a css hack that makes this effect reacts this way. I will be busting it out in a couple hours and post if anything is or isn't found. thanks for the guidance.

-Evan

Thanks

Well it turned out to be a css issue, it wasn't a hack like I thought it might. The divs were inside a class that set img position relative once I created a new class without img properties the issue was resolved.
    Thank you for your help, this script saved me from creating a separate page for each product and we're talking over 200 products. It was nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of.
    Thanks again!

FIXED PAGE

-Evan
    Last edited by Evan Leavitt; 05-06-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Glad you were able to find the culprit. That was certainly an elusive one.
    DD Admin