Thread: iPod or Zune?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default iPod or Zune?

Hi everybody. I've decided to make my Christmas wish-list a little early this year (haha, as always ). I was just wondering which is better in your opinion: the Apple iPod or the Microsoft Zune? If I do go with iPod, I would like the touch 8GB, and if the Zune, the 120GB one. The iPod Touch would be neat (and it's cheaper than the 120GB Zune), but more storage is always good. However, I don't think I'll be listening to more than 8GB of songs and video, would you? Input is much appreciated!

Edit: And, if I get bored listening to music, I would like a fallback (e.g. a video game) which the iPod touch surely provides.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I like the iPod touch for, as you stated, games and other useful apps. If you do get the iPod touch, get a case, because they get scratched easily.
    [Jasme Library (Javascript Motion Effects)] My Site
    /\/\@ /\/\@|{
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would assume the music and video quality is good. Do you think it is? I guess that would also depend on the type of earphones you have...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well it depends on your source. If you use iTunes or a cd, the quality is going to be good. The headphones that come with the iPod are good also. Although to an audiophile there might be a difference between Ipod audio quality and their thousand dollar set, I find none.
    [Jasme Library (Javascript Motion Effects)] My Site
    /\/\@ /\/\@|{
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks

I have the 32 GB iPod Touch. I absolutely love it - wouldn't trade it for anything. Plus, I need OS X compatibility, so a Zune is out of the question.

Honestly, I haven't/wouldn't even consider the Zune. The only thing it has going for it, I suppose, is built-in radio. That's not worth much to me. I listen to most things via podcasts these days. In any case, MS is definitely playing catch up in this area. Apple innovates and MS struggles to keep up. For example, the rumored Zune HD is an obvious attempt to compete with a gestural interface but the Zune still lacks the App store.

Plus, all the features of the iPod Touch and all the additional features coming in iPhone OS 3.0 make it an outright winner.

Thanks

Have you guys seen the new Zune ad? It makes a very valid, if exaggerated, point. Apple seriously needs to adopt a subscription based model. If it did, no one would be able to compete.

As a compromise, I could even see a two tiered payment structure working. At the base level, you have a subscription based model which lets you download as much as your little heart desires but is restricted in some way (something like the DRM that iTunes music used to have). Then, if you want a DRM free iTunes+ download, just pay for it (using the currently existing tiered pricing model). That's the best of both worlds.

Granted no one actually spends $30,000 to fill up an iPod, but the Zune Pass model has it's merits. For me though, this just makes me want Apple to adopt the model rather than switch to a Zune. It is a fairly compelling ad though. One of MS's better ones. Some of the laptop hunter ads seem really petty to me.

Thanks

Apple is best - iPod! I have one and it's awesome.

// X96 \\
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks

I feel,Apple iPod is the best rather than Microsoft Zune!

Thanks

i will go for i-pod....

Thanks

Hehe, u're late. i got ipod touch in 2007/2008 chirstmas... well it's awesome u can do all with it... well i recommend ipod touch