Thread: Updating homepage easily

Thanks

Question Updating homepage easily

Hi!

Here's a problem I'm having on my homepage:
    on the right side of each page I have a latest addition section (something like in blogs). Up to now after adding content, I have to go to each page where this section is displayed and manually update the links Is there any easier way??

My idea would be something like this: I add the changes to a master file and each page would be linked to this page and display these...
    Or a different question (but related to the above): how does it happen on eg. dynamidrives that the recently updated scripts are shown. I suppose not by hand...

I tryed to search on the web, but I couldn't find even the right keywords to use... Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Try looking for a CMS. http://expressionengine.com/ is a good one
    [Jasme Library (Javascript Motion Effects)] My Site
    /\/\@ /\/\@|{
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Master_script_maker For This Useful Post:

kortvez (05-05-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Master_script_maker View Post
    Try looking for a CMS. http://expressionengine.com/ is a good one
    Indeed, it is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've only tried WordPress and would like to recommend it because there are so many articles and tutorials out there which is important for a beginner.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snookerman View Post
    I've only tried WordPress and would like to recommend it because there are so many articles and tutorials out there which is important for a beginner.
    Wordpress is good if you're doing a simple blog. I know it's been used for more complex sites, but that really is stretching it's capabilities.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't say it's just for simple blogs but I do agree that WordPress is a bit more blogy and a little less CMSy compared to other CMSs like ExpressionEngine. Nevertheless, reading the OP's request, I still think WordPress is a good option.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Thanks for the help! I've checked out few of them, and it could be what I needed!