Thread: ie6 Page Shift - general question

Thanks

Default ie6 Page Shift - general question

Hi All

I have a site developed that displays correctly in all browsers barring ie6. I have 6 pages and 2 of them shift when viewed in ie6, i.e. 4 are consistently in the correct position when navigating but 2 shift to right, between 2-5px....

Having tackled all the other ie6 issues to complete the site this page shift seems bizare....is it DIV related? I have not posted the page as it is a dev for a corporate, and i understand i may not get the help i need without it.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help or advise

Thanks
    Blog Entries

A general answer is difficult to give but what you should always do is make sure your code is valid. Then you should be aware of all the bugs, google for "ie6 bugs" and you'll find heaps of good info about what the bugs do and how to fix them. Also, adding this to your page could help but it's not guaranteed:
    HTML Code:
    <!--[if lt IE 7]>
    <script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.0(beta3)/IE7.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <![endif]-->
    If you can't post a link to the site, you should strip down the unrelated code until only the problematic code remains and post it here.

Good luck!