Thread: Script Conflicts

Thanks

Default Script Conflicts

1) Script Title: Elastic Trail Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex13/trailer2.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using scripts in IncrediMail stationery. Usually have no problem. I tried to use this script in conjunction with another script (not from DD), a scrolling background script, and there seems to be a problem. Although custom colors were selected for the scrollbar features, the standard Windows scrollbar shows, except when grabbing and moving the scrollbar, then the custom colors can be seen.

I have looked through both scripts and cannot find a body.onload or window.onload command.

I tried to attach an archive with the graphics and code, but it was too large.

Can someone help me with this? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

krys1202

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm a little surprised that the elastic trail works, as that is an outdated script. Does the scrollbar script work if it's by itself?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Both scripts work by themselves. The script that seems to affect the scrollbar colors is the script that makes the background scroll.

When I use just the elastic trail script by itself, both the script and the scrollbars are fine.

I just discovered that even when I use the background scroll script by itself, the scrollbars come out as the standard Windows colors regardless of the colors chosen.

Thank you for your interest. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

In ordinary HTML, the changing of the browser scrollbars' appearance is limited to IE and Opera, perhaps a few others that may support it. The DOCTYPE has influence over whether the styles must be applied to the body element or to the html element. Perhaps something like that is at play here.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Since I am not really working with a web page, there is no DOCTYPE in the code; the first 5 lines of code are:

HTML Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="IncrediMail 1.0">
    </head>

When setting everything up in FrontPage, everything looks exactly as it should on the Preview tab; the background scrolls and the scrollbar is the correct color. However, after installing the stationery into IncrediMail, the scrollbars revert to the standard Window colors.

I have made many, many pieces of stationery, using different cursor scripts, graphic effects, and so on, and none of them have caused this problem. The colors picked for the scrollbar in FrontPage are the colors seen in IncrediMail when using the installed stationery.

Thank you for your assistance. If there is anything that I could provide to you, please let me know. I tried to upload everything, but it exceeds the limited allowed on the forum.

Chris
    Last edited by Snookerman; 05-01-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added [html] tags

Thanks

I just realized that I did not really make it clear about which scrollbar I was speaking.

I am talking about an internal scrollbar for a text box (not the main scrollbar that controls the whole page).

I am sorry for the confusion. I guess because I had it so firmly in my mind about which scrollbar I meant, that I figured everyone else would also know.

Thank you,

Chris