Thread: <h1> and SEO question

Thanks

Question <h1> and SEO question

Hi everyone,

First off I apologise for such a n00b question however based on my limited SEO understanding, <h1> tags play an important role with SEO however for the design side of my content I am looking to use the following in my <h1> tags:

HTML Code:
    <h1>Title Here | <span>Sub Title</span></h1>
    The reason I am using the <span> tag is so it can have a different color though I am concerned that wrapping part of it in a span tag may detract from SEO benefits of the <h1> tag.

Could someone please confirm if this is a suitable use of the <span> tag within a <h1> tag in terms of SEO issues?

Thank you in advance for any support you can offer.
    Last edited by Snookerman; 04-24-2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: added [code] and [icode] tags

Thanks
    Blog Entries

According to this thread, you should be fine: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605126

I don't think you can ever know for sure though, but since you're not splitting up the words themselves, it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!