Thread: DD Tab Menu Script - Submenu default tab

Thanks

Unhappy DD Tab Menu Script - Submenu default tab

1) Script Title: DD Tab Menu Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddtabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I am using an older version of this script, but I will try to explain the best I can. I am using the script to display a different submenu (horizontal) for each tab. I can't figure out how to make the second tab automatically display the contents of the first tab. Here is example code for the first tab which works fine:

Code:
    <ul id="tablist">
    	<li></li>
        <li><a href="javascript:void(null)" onClick="showtabcontent('first', this)">&nbsp;Motion Computing Tablets&nbsp;</a></li>
    	<li><a href="javascript:void(null)" onClick="showtabcontent('second', this)">&nbsp;Dell Lattitude Tablets&nbsp;</a></li>
    	<li><a href="javascript:void(null)" onClick="showtabcontent('third', this)">&nbsp;Tablet FAQs&nbsp;</a></li>
    	<li><a href="javascript:void(null)" onClick="showtabcontent('fourth', this)">&nbsp;Resources&nbsp;</a></li>
    	</ul>

<div id="tabcontentcontainer">
        	<div id="first" class="tabcontent">
                    <DIV id="panelchoices">
                            <UL style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc1', this); "href="#">The Basics</A></Li>
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc2', this); "href="#">Tablet PC Care</A></LI>

<LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc3', this); " 
                  href="#">Getting to Work!</A></LI>
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc4', this); " 
                  href="#">Tablet PC - Mobile</A></LI>
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc5', this); " 
                  href="#">Applications</A></LI>
                            </UL>
                        </DIV>
    Now for the second tab:

Code:
    <div id="second" class="tabcontent">
    	 <DIV id="panelchoices">
                            <UL style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc6', this); "href="#">Tablet Tipsheet</A></Li>
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc7', this); "href="#">Tablet PC Care</A></LI>

<LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc8', this); " 
                  href="#">Getting to Work!</A></LI>
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc9', this); " 
                  href="#">Tablet PC - Mobile</A></LI>
                              <LI><A onMouseOver="expandcontent('sc10', this); " 
                  href="#">Applications</A></LI>
                            </UL>
                        </DIV>
    I want the content of 'sc6' to be the default when "second" is clicked. Is there a way to do this?
    Last edited by ddadmin; 04-17-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks

Any suggestions? Am I explaining the issue correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish actually. It would help to post a test page, since you're referring to an "older" version of the script as well.
    DD Admin