Advanced Search

Thread: auto suggest and auto complete

Thanks

Default auto suggest and auto complete

Hi Guys,

I am busy with a project and have hit a glitch, I am looking for some very simple scripts, to do the following:

When you start typing eg a stock code in a field, a dropdown will be generated from either a DB or a xml file (generated from the DB) as you start typing with an auto suggest.

Then once you click on the actual entry you want, the following fields, eg description and price get automatically populated into the fields that follow.

I am not looking at a select, a the stock code might be a once off and not warrant a entry in a DB.

Then as you tab off the last entry field, an new line is automatically added below the one you have just entered and so forth.

at the bottom, there must be a sub-total, tax discount which is automatically added up.

At the end, this is written to a table for future use ie reprints and so forth.

If here is nothing like this, what do you think a reasonable price would be to pay for someone to do something like this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
    Blog Entries

For the auto complete thing, try this. It should be easy to get xml or mysql to each into a javascript array. For the other stuff, I don't know.
    Jeremy | jfein.net