Thread: Step Carousel Viewer tweak / issue...

Thanks

Default Step Carousel Viewer tweak / issue...

Hi,

I think this script is great: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...epcarousel.htm

However, I'm wondering if there is a way to get it working like this page: http://www.isodesign .co.uk/ and click 'Selected Work'. See the Gallery at the foot.

That site uses Flash, but I'd like to be able to do something similar with using the Step Carousel viewer script. Also, is it easy to add 'numbers' to select what image to shunt?

Would really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Snookerman; 04-22-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added “Resolved” prefix

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

It shouldn't be a problem. As far as the numbers, if you look at Demo #2 on the script page, you'll see you can define arbitrary links on the page that go to a specific panel when clicked on. Another script you may also want to look at is: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentglider.htm
    DD Admin

Thanks

Sorry for such a late response, I thought I had set it up to get emails when a reply had been received - d'oh.

Aaaah, so it's a case of merging (perhaps) both Demo #1 and #2 ?

I'm pretty lousy with JS, but am hoping to perhaps sync this up with a PHP script I'm working on. Can you perhaps show me how I can merge the two together, so that they can select a number, and it will shunt to that image?

Many thanks for any advice.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty lousy with JS, but am hoping to perhaps sync this up with a PHP script I'm working on. Can you perhaps show me how I can merge the two together, so that they can select a number, and it will shunt to that image?
    Hmm that's a very general question actually. What do you mean by "sync"? In general, the checklist for using any server side language to dynamically output client side JavaScripts is the same. As long as what gets output to the browser looks identical to as if you've manually included the script (in this case Step Carousel Viewer) on your page, it should work. Exactly how to do this depends on how your pages are set up using PHP/ mySQL.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks again.
    Oh, I know how to connect the script to my 'images' table in the db. My question came out wrongly, was severely tired when I posted

I'm just still unsure how to get the carousel working like the isodesign web site. So that you can select a number, and it will shunt to that picture. Will it be a merge of Demo #1 and #2 ?

Can you give me a starter for ten on this? Really appreciate the help.
    Last edited by invision2; 04-21-2009 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, as mentioned, going to specific panels is supported by default with the script. You'd just call the function stepBy(), which is documented on the script page, for example:
    Code:
    <a href="javascript:stepcarousel.stepTo('mygallery', 1)">Panel 1</a>

<a href="javascript:stepcarousel.stepTo('mygallery', 2)">Panel 2</a>

<a href="javascript:stepcarousel.stepTo('mygallery', 3)">Panel 3</a>
    DD Admin

Thanks

Many thanks for your help with this, that's a great start.
    DDrive is an insane resource - well done!

Thanks

I just have a follow-up, not sure if you want me to start a new thread.

How easy would it be to do the following with this script...

1) I'm trying to get it working like the original URL I posted(iso design). So there's a white gap for the first image, but then as soon as I select a second image(say, Image 2), it will shunt it along.

2) How do I make the numbers go a different colour if selected?

Many thanks for any guidance, appreciate the helpers.
    Last edited by invision2; 05-04-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Thanks

Can anyone help me with my last post?

Many thanks.