Advanced Search

Thread: Submit Form Pop-Up

Thanks

Default Submit Form Pop-Up

Hello,

I'm working on a contact form for a client which can be found here: www.northcoastwriters.com/contactus.html When you click the submit button at the bottom, a pop-up shows up to confirm that the e-mail has been received. However my client wants this to pop-up at a certain size width and height. I have the following script in my <head>

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript"> 
    function showPopup(url) { 
    newwindow=window.open(url,'name','height=790,width=670,top=10,left=10,resizable'); 
    if (window.focus) {newwindow.focus()} 
    } 
    </script>
    And then to make this usable for a simple a href code on a different page, I have:

Code:
    Help system: <a href="websitedocsimgs/NCWFlareWebHelpSample/FlareWebHelp/NCWFlareSample.htm" target="_blank">Flare Sample</a><br />
    And the script in the head causes this to generate at the appropriate size.
    However, I want to implement this same script into a contact form, and I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I have the same script in the <head> of the contactus.html page, and I have the submit button to open _blank. It opens as a pop-up, but not at the size I tell it to. What am I doing wrong? Or do you need to see more code to decipher?

I apologize for the somewhat vague descriptions and terms, I'm still a student in web design/development and I'm learning...

Thanks

Please...
    I really need help with this as it's for a client. Even if you don't know the answer, or if I posted it in the wrong forum or something let me know where I can find the answer. Thanks...

Thanks

It's really nice that 185 people have read this and not one of you has bothered to respond. I have a client that is waiting on this. Please!

Thanks

i think! you try to change the size of window

Code:
    newwindow=window.open(url,'name','height=250,width=200,top=10,left=10,resizable');
    thanks

Thanks

I see that you have 'action="form2email.pl"' in your form statement and target=_blank also.

Is it 'form2email.pl' that you want to open in new window of a defined size or something else like a success message.

This link shows an exaple of how to open a new window in a form statement at a predefined size.

http://apptools.com/examples/formtarget.php

PS when I looked at your link I got JS errors, have you commented out your JS deliberately as part of some testing?