Thread: All Levels Navigation Menu sidebar iPhone problem

Thanks

Default All Levels Navigation Menu sidebar iPhone problem

1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I've built a sidebar menu that looks great across browsers. But when viewed on an iPhone or the iPhone emulator (http://iphonetester.com/) , the submenus flyout to the left (off screen) instead of the right as they are set to do in browsers. In addition, you can't choose one of the subitems - it disappears because there's a margin between the sidebar and the sub. How can this be fixed?
    Much thanks.

Thanks

P.S. I was playing with the iphone tester and figured out it must be the width of the submenus - they're too wide to flyout to the right - BUT, if I scroll to move my main menu slightly left, it makes room for the subs to flyout. The same is true if I rotate the phone - makes more horizontal width for the flyouts. This is the same sort of thing that happens if a browser window is too small, if there's not enough width for them to flyout to the right. So, maybe there is no "problem" here - but it's good to know in case people complain. I'm still open to comments. Thanks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Assuming your guess is correct, what happens if you comment out the below line inside the .js file (// in red):

Code:
    			if (submenurightedge-scrollX>ddlevelsmenu.docwidth){
    				//menuleft+= -this._dimensions.submenuw + (this._istoplevel && dir=="topbar" ? this._dimensions.w : -this._dimensions.w)
    			}
    This should stop the script from dropping sub menus to the left of the main menu when there isn't enough room to the right to accommodate the former.
    DD Admin