Thread: Need scrolling/historical comments box for event cancellations

Thanks

Default Need scrolling/historical comments box for event cancellations

Okay, I am not even totally sure what I am asking for here, so bear with me. A relatively new web developer.

I am creating a sports website that I am wanting to add an area of the home page for coaches to be able to (ideally) email their practice/game cancellations to a dedicated email address and have this content publish to the page.

I have established a Flexwindow http://www.flexwindow.com account and this kind of works, but my problem is if six coaches are canceling games, they overwrite one another. I want this to ideal automatically time/date stand any entry, and leave them historically scrolling down the page, and now I am not sure if I am shooting for the moon, but it would be ideal if they rolled off when they were more than say 14 days old. This could be a manual process if need be where I could go in and purge any data too old.

I have worries about them stringing together a coherent message, but I am thinking of providing them an online form (a new talent of mine) that would capture the information I am looking for and then put that in an email that would direct to the necessary address.

My main problem with my current solution is that any new message overwrites the old message.

I am not sure if this is a blog or what. I am using a Wordpress template right now, and I tired to create my home page to be a "Post" and it just looks really junky right now and I am sure there is a better way.

Thanks.

Thanks

P.S. Ideally this would be a solution that would allow me to paste some code into my page and create an area for these emails to publish to. Thanks.