Thread: Please recommend me a good ISP (UK)

Thanks

Red face Please recommend me a good ISP (UK)

Good afternoon all,

I hope someone can help, i've been a lurker on the forum for a while now and i'm impressed with the site but i have a question completely unrelated to coding...

Also sorry if this is in the wrong section...

Can someone please recommend me an ISP in the UK. I am currently on AOL (have been for years so don't laugh lol)

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks alot

Thanks

Depends what you use the net for, if you're downloading a lot, or gaming then 8mb is normally sufficient and it's pretty cheap. But if you want uber fast internet you could always go fibre optic with Virgin media and get like 20Mb, but that does cost more.

Ultimately depends what you plan to do on the net and whether you'll be using it enough for the speed to be worth it.

talktalk does 8 meg, with 40gb download limit and phone line for 6.49 a month, which is cheap as chips.

Thanks

I'm quite a heavy downloader and also user XBOX Live alot of gaming and downloading games/update/dlc etc

Quite a high download/upload limit would be useful. i'm not fussed about fibre optic especially with virgins bandwidth throttling.