1) Script Title:
Virtual Pagination script v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...pagination.htm

3) Describe problem:

The script works great, but I need to figure out a way to speed the loading time.

I have implemented this script to work with simplepie to paginate rss feeds. On some pages I am loading 20 - 30 feeds and since it all needs to load before the pagination comes up, there is an unacceptable delay before the page is loaded. Look at this page at clubwager.net to see what I mean.

I tried to solve this delay by putting php flush() after the first 3 blocks (ie, the first page contents). It allows the first page to apear more quickly, but everything is frozen until all the feeds load (ie, all the "hidden" feeds on the page).

Also, everytime you leave the page and then return to it you have to wait again for the entire page to load.

I wondered if there was a way to have this script only load the items being displayed? For example, make it so that if I set pieces_per_page to 3, it only loads the first 3 items initially and loads the next 3 items when the next link is clicked, and so on.

Also, is there an easy way to have it not reload the entire page on every visit?

I'm open to any other solutions or ideas anyone may have.

Thanks.