Thread: All Levels Navigational Menu

Thanks

Default All Levels Navigational Menu

1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Question on this menu. It states that you add the HTML for the drop down menus to the body tag. That would mean for every single page of a site, correct? There isn't a way to add it to a header include file, so that it would work on all pages that include that header?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You could use Ajax to include the HTML, or you could put the HTML in a file called menu.html, and then put the following lines in an external js-file, say include.js, which would contain the following lines:
    Code:
    if(window.opera)
    {document.write('<iframe src="menu.html" width="0" height="0" name="menu" ></iframe>');}
    else document.write('<object type="text/html" data="menu.html" width="0" height="0" name="menu" ></object>');
    function extractMenu(){
    try{
    document.body.innerHTML+=window.frames['menu'].body.innerHTML;
    }
    catch(e){
    document.body.innerHTML+=window.frames['menu'].document.body.innerHTML;
    }
    }
    window.onload=extractMenu;
    and which is included on every page by putting this in the head of the pages:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="include.js"></script> (the styles and css for the menu (written in menu.html) must also be put in the head of every page (not in menu.html).

Or: try this.
    ===
    Arie.

Thanks

Exclamation help

If I place this code in an include file:

[code]<div id="ddtopmenubar" class="mattblackmenu">

<ul>
    <li><a href="../personal/index_new.asp" rel="ddsubmenu1">PERSONAL</a></li>
    <li><a href="../business/index.asp" rel="ddsubmenu2">BUSINESS</a></li>
    <li><a href="../investor/index.asp" rel="ddsubmenu3">INVESTOR</a></li>
    <li><a href="../about/index.asp" rel="ddsubmenu4">ABOUT US</a></li>
    </ul>
    </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    ddlevelsmenu.setup("ddtopmenubar", "topbar") //ddlevelsmenu.setup("mainmenuid", "topbar")
    </script>[code]

And this file is called after the body tag in an asp page: <!-- #include virtual="/includes/section_index_head3.inc" -->

Because it is after the <body> tag in the page, can I also include the rest of the html for the menu in this file, or does it need to be separate?

I got the menu to appear - with the top level links that work - but the drop-down functinoality does not work. No arrows, no drop-down - nothing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't know how it works in asp page. I only tested it in html-pages, like here.
    ===
    Arie.

Thanks

Angry not working

I have tried the smooth navigational menu and now the all levels navigational menu -

The main top level menu looks and works great - however, I can't get the arrows or drop-downs to appear at all. Very frustrating.

I can't post my entire code on here. All I can say is that I have an include file (header) that's called within the body of all of my pages and for whatever reason, as I said above, the arrow and sub-menus do not work. Would it be that the .js file is just not being called at all?