Thread: Called from accordion menu don't clear screen

Thanks

Default Called from accordion menu don't clear screen

1) Script Title: Glossy Accordion Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...enu-glossy.htm

3) Describe problem: Doesn't seem to refresh correctly.

If you go to http://www.oar2.org you'll see it working perfectly (great script, btw!).

However... then choose 'Speakers/Podcasts' from that website's main menu. You'll get a Wimpy player which works fine as well.

But now... go back and choose anything off the side accordion menu. The Wimpy player stays there!

Now if I take any of those pages called by the accordion player and make them top menu pads and call the articles in the same manner described above, the Wimpy player goes away.

Is there something I didn't do right? Wimpy seems to think this isn't their problem.

Thanks in advance -- both for a great script and any help you can possibly give me.

-- John Kiernan, OAR2 webmaster

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

From what I can gather when you click on the "Speakers/Podcast" link, it takes you to the URL: http://www.oar2.org/index.php?option...d=88&Itemid=49 On that page, all links within the accordion menu goes to the same URL (itemid=49) as well when clicked on. Since it loads the same page, clicking on any of the links in the Accordion menu obviously also brings up the Wimpy player on the loaded page as well.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Thanks for replying to me...

Well... let me ask if I did something wrong.

I made up a module called "Other R2 Items". It is of the module type "mod_SideBarMenuApplestyle". Within this module's module parameters 'content' system, I have this:

{Glossy_Accordion_Menu}
    <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79">S, T & C Workshops</a>
    En Español
    - <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81">¿Eres un comedor compulsivo?</a>
    - <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82">Los Doce Pasos</a>
    - <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83">Las Doce Tradiciones</a>
    <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80">Region 2 Newsletters</a>
    <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58">Region 2 Intergroups</a>
    <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89">Other OA Links</a>
    <a href="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84">FAQs for New Reps</a>
    {/Glossy_Accordion_Menu}

These are all unique article page IDs and they do bring up all unique pages.

When I go to the Podcast page and then over to somewhere else and then do a 'view source', I get this:

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border=0><tr><td><div class="glossymenu"><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=79&amp;Itemid=99">S, T & C Workshops</a><em class="menuitem submenuheader">En Español</em> <div class="submenu"><ul> <li><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=81&amp;Itemid=99">¿Eres un comedor compulsivo?</a></li> <li><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=82&amp;Itemid=99">Los Doce Pasos</a></li> <li><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=83&amp;Itemid=99">Las Doce Tradiciones</a></li> </ul></div><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=80&amp;Itemid=99">Region 2 Newsletters</a><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=58&amp;Itemid=99">Region 2 Intergroups</a><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=89&amp;Itemid=99">Other OA Links</a><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=84&amp;Itemid=99">FAQs for New Reps</a></div></td></tr><tr><td>

All of the id's seem different to me. The 'itemid's are the same, but I am pretty sure the IDs are what count.

I guess my question is: Did I set this thing up wrong to begin with?

Thanks for your time...

-- John

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's nothing wrong syntax wise with the way your menu is set up. Looking at the source of the page in question,

Code:
    <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border=0>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <div class="glossymenu"><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=79&amp;Itemid=49">S, T & C Workshops</a><em class="menuitem submenuheader">En Español</em><div class="submenu"><ul>    <li><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=81&amp;Itemid=49">¿Eres un comedor compulsivo?</a></li>    <li><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=82&amp;Itemid=49">Los Doce Pasos</a></li>    <li><a href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=83&amp;Itemid=49">Las Doce Tradiciones</a></li>    </ul></div><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=80&amp;Itemid=49">Region 2 Newsletters</a><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=58&amp;Itemid=49">Region 2 Intergroups</a><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=89&amp;Itemid=49">Other OA Links</a><a class="menuitem" href="/index.php?option=com_content&amp;view=article&amp;id=84&amp;Itemid=49">FAQs for New Reps</a></div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>
    All the links simply point to itemid=49 for some reason. I reckon those links are dynamically generated? If so you'll need to correct whatever error is causing this in the backend.
    DD Admin