Thread: Diff in css 1 n css3

Thanks

Default Diff in css 1 n css3

Hi friends i am new to css, i want to know what is the diff in css1 n css3...i am doing coding in css 1 only.. So want to learn more about css 3... Secondly i also having little prob in making the look of the page in diff browsers... So is there any link where i can find the differences in css coding for diff browsers....? Thanks in advance....

chertsey, a small town 25 miles south west of london, england.
    Thanks

Hi there gurmeet,

here you go...
    1. CSS 1
    2. CSS 2
    3. CSS 3 draft

coothead

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Check out this site: http://www.css3.info/

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Generally, for current work, use CSS 2. There will be some minor differences between browsers. For the most part these can be minimized by using the right approach (for example, sometimes using margin rather than padding or visa versa is better). Even using the most universal/appropriate property value pair for a given css effect will not always work cross browser. But if you really have the correct one, usually the only odd birds will be the various recent versions of IE (6, 7, 8RC1). These can best be tweaked when necessary using IE's proprietary conditional comments to supply supplementary stylesheets for those browser(s).
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate