Thread: Animated Collapsible Div "bounce"

Thanks

Default Animated Collapsible Div "bounce"

1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...edcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem: When using the "Group" attribute, when one div is already open and you click on another div within that same group, the first div closes and the new div opens, but the content below the divs "bounces" during this action. Is there a way to eliminate this? I've tried a few things, such as using "hide" and "show" instead of "toggle", but no luck. Maybe something using CSS positioning? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does this happen with the demo on the DD page as well If not, it sounds like your page is lacking a valid doctype, ie:

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    DD Admin

Thanks

Yes, this happens with the demo on the DD page. It happens with both IE and Firefox, although with IE the bounce if more exaggerated. I have tried both Strict and Transitional doctype tags. Could it be an issue with the timing of when the open div closes and the new div opens? Thanks for you help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmm are you using a PC or Mac? Also, a link to your problem page may shed more light on the issue. The demos on the DD script page do not show any bounce for me on any browser on a PC.
    DD Admin