Thread: RRS Feed [I got some more questions?]

Thanks

Question RRS Feed [I got some more questions?]

I have looked at a couple including the rrs feeds including the on here, and I can't figure out what the point is? I mean what are they really? What do they do? Do you get emails by subscribing to one and how do you create them?
    Last edited by robin9000; 03-20-2009 at 12:36 AM.
    Computer repairs and Photo editing http://www.robinsden.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries

They're used for things like Google Reader. They automatically retrieve data for you so you don't have to check it. You just sign into your rss reader, and look at the new updates.
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries

RSS stand for Really Simple Syndication and you can use it to stay up to date with new posts on a site, usually a blog or a site that gets updated frequently. You could see it as some kind of dynamic bookmark. If you are using Firefox, you just need to click the RSS symbol in the address bar and subscribe and a folder will appear in your bookmarks folder that always checks for the latest updated to the site so you don't need to actually visit the site to check if it has been updated. Once you start using them, you will not know how you live without RSS.

You can for example take a look at the RSS feed for "The lounge" on DD Forums:
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=16

This page updates with the latest posts and if you subscribe to it, you will get to know if something new has been posted.

If you would use RSS for your website, your users could subscribe and they would know when you post something new without having to check all the time. One of the most popular services is FeedBurner and it's free.

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snookerman For This Useful Post:

robin9000 (03-19-2009)

Thanks

I have now created a rss feed page.

www.robinsden.co.cc/robinsden.rss

I now have a link to my page on my index but why is it that ie dose not detect my page as having a rss feed?

I am dealing with vershion .91 right now, what's the difference between that and vershion 2.0

thanks.
    Last edited by robin9000; 03-20-2009 at 11:37 AM.
    Computer repairs and Photo editing http://www.robinsden.com