Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advise [banner top updated what do you think now?]

Thanks

Ok I took your comments, and I:

fixed the menu to make it flow better.
    Changed the background to make it brighter.
    Changed the banner to make it look more professional.
    Changed the size of the font on the sub menu items to make all the words fit on one line.

Now what?
    Last edited by robin9000; 03-05-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks

Actually, it's not the color scheme. Like I said, colors are debateable. If you like those colors and that's your design sense you should keep them.

What I think needs improvement is your layout. There seems to little thought given to how your information is organized. I'd suggest reading up on information architecture best practises.

That would be where I suggest you should start.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medyman View Post
    Actually, it's not the color scheme. Like I said, colors are debateable. If you like those colors and that's your design sense you should keep them.

What I think needs improvement is your layout. There seems to little thought given to how your information is organized. I'd suggest reading up on information architecture best practises.

That would be where I suggest you should start.

Ok, so it's the menu layout that you don't care for. If your still fell that it's true after the changes I just made, I am willing to hear how you would lay it out. I am all ears.

My site is for my professional life and for giving people a place to have some fun. I thought I did not do a bad job but clearly not a very good one., I like hearing your comments and look forward to hearing what you have to say about how you would lay it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robin9000 View Post
    Ok, so it's the menu layout that you don't care for. If your still fell that it's true after the changes I just made, I am willing to hear how you would lay it out. I am all ears.

My site is for my professional life and for giving people a place to have some fun. I thought I did not do a bad job but clearly not a very good one., I like hearing your comments and look forward to hearing what you have to say about how you would lay it out.
    I'm glad you want to improve the design, but please do it just because I said so. If you feel that the design is good then keep it!

When someone hires you, they're hiring you and your design sensibilities, coding skills, etc. They're not hiring the collective DynamicDrive community. So, the design for your professional site should primarily be your design aesthetic so that potential clients can see what you're capable of. So, it's important to represent yourself honestly.

So my honest advice is to pick up some books, read some tutorials, take some classes and improve your skills. Of course, we're here to help you along the way but we can't do it for you.

Thanks

I am making some progress on changing the design to somthing I think is more pleasing but now got a problem with trying to validate my index.php page. my menu.php page validates just fine now that I put body and all the other information back into it but once I did that the index.php page became invalid.

Once I get everything figured out I think it will be a lot better. And you were right about the menu not being all that good. I am working on making the flow better too. The menu is comming along I now have renamed the having fun to hobbies and reorginized some of the information, like I put the absolutely free catagory under the savings catagroy. Makes more sence now I think.

Thanks

Robin! Your site isn't working! What is going on? I wanted to check it out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonDFR For This Useful Post:

robin9000 (03-08-2009)

Thanks

Default New changes

I have made a few new changes with color. However as of right now I am working on trying to get it so that the page dispays correctly for the index. I'll get it figured out soon am sure.
    Computer repairs and Photo editing http://www.robinsden.com