Advanced Search

Thread: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.02) help

Thanks

Smile Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.02) help

1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.02)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...moothmenu.htm#

3) Describe problem: I am using this script on a new site, and its working perfectly except for two things:

a. I would like a way to fix the width of the horizontal version of the menu I am using. Right now, if someone is using a smaller browser than I am they are seeing a distorted version of the menu. I tried changing the CSS file to this:

/*Top level list items*/
    .ddsmoothmenu ul li{
    position: absolute;
    display: inline;
    float: left;
    }

But this caused the entire menu to display incorrectly. Is there any other way to prevent the menu from collapsing on itself?

b. I am trying to use jump cuts (<a name="top">...<a href="#top"> et cetera) from one of the submenus. It is working fine to get me to where I want to go but when you scroll back to the top of the page the menu (as well as all other div and scripted tags) are not functioning. I am assuming that this is because the page is loading from below the header section which has all the prompts for those scripts (though I could be wrong) and am wondering how to ensure that those scripts load no matter what jump link is used to get to the page. This particular page is located at www.smartblondecreative.com/mediadesigns.html. If you try the submenu under "media designs" and click on any of those links (the jumps) then you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for any help! Much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Default Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.02) help

Go to your Cascading Style Sheet Document named 'ddsmoothmenu' and edit the section: - .ddsmoothmenu{
    font: bold 12px Verdana;
    background: #414141; /*background of menu bar (default state)*/
    width: 100%; to your required width.