Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My New Site

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoopy View Post
    ...there was a gap above the header, whereas there is no gap on the front page.
    In IE you mean? It doesn't seem to be appearing in Firefox...

<X96 Web Design>
    Last edited by X96 Web Design; 02-27-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: because I wanted to

Thanks

I really need to stop redesigning the site... I think I have A.D.D.

How's it look now?

I improved the logo from my old 2-D White, boring, not creative, text logo, to this shiny one.

It's just IE <6 doesn't display the transparency, so the header and menu look like junk. (I know there's scripts to fix this out there somewhere...)
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks

Looks sleek

Just a few things:

The background image in the header, (the blue light thing) is absolute, and doesn't move around with the rest of the image. On my screen it's just to the right of the "X96" bit.

Only other thing is you should add some sort of rollover effect for the menu links, like maybe the background of the menu link goes a different colour, or the text, just something to make it stand out that you've moused over a specific link.

Hope that provides some helpful feedback.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by X96 Web Design View Post
    It's just IE <6 doesn't display the transparency, so the header and menu look like junk. (I know there's scripts to fix this out there somewhere...)
    Take a look at this tutorial:
    http://css-tricks.com/video-screencasts/32-using-the-unit-png-fix/

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

@Schmoopy: The blue supernova is supposed to be just beside the X96... Should I change that?
    EDIT: And I also added a hover for the menu items - any better? (Thanks for the feedback BTW)

@Snookerman: Thanks! I'll get right on deploying the script!
    EDIT: The script is a big success! Works perfectly, just the logo positions to absolute, but that's fine... Thanks Again!
    Last edited by X96 Web Design; 03-03-2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: update
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You're welcome, glad to help you!

Good luck with the site!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

The new rollovers for the menu look much better.

What I meant about the blue supernova was that if I resize my screen it stays in the same place, so if I resize my browser, the supernova can end up under the "Web" text, it's not a big problem just thought you should be aware of it.

You've done a good job though

Thanks

I actually think the design is good. I just think there is one thing I would change. Your telling people that if they find a cheaper price you'll do the site for free. I think that could be a mistake. You don't want to end up doing a site for free because I know just how much work it is. I too am going to be getting into doing some basic site design but not going to make any statement like that. Instead I might put something like just check around and see if anyone even comes close to our prices.

Well that's it, that's all I got to say. Hope that just gives you something to think about. After all you don't want to do a thousand page site for free because there is always someone willing to out do and top the next person.

Thanks

Good point robin9000... I changed it so it says "If you find a better price, we'll beat it by 25%".

And even if I had to design a huge site for free, I probably would .
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website

Thanks

@Schmoopy: Okay... I see what you mean with the light thing... It doesn't matter much to me, but thanks for pointing that out!
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website