Advanced Search

Thread: inside "div" larger than outsite "div"

Thanks

Default inside "div" larger than outsite "div"

hi all ,,

i noticed a behavior difference between firefox and net explorer , thats when a larger div exists in a smaller one , for example

HTML Code:
    <div style="border:1px solid #cccccc;width:50px; height:80px">
      <div style="border:1px solid #cccccc;width:90px; height:50px"></div>
    </div>
    in net explorer the outside will stretch to the inside width , in firefox the inside will break the boundry of the outside , my question how to make firefox behave like net explorer in this example

thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing you are talking about IE6. That is actually a well known bug that IE6 has that causes many problems. If you want to mimic that, you could just give the outer container the same width as the inner one.

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

thanks , yes really i tested on net explorer 6 , but the feature of net explorer behaviour is that makes div much like 'td' which is extended in all browsers and i'm coming from table based layouts so i expected div to be much like td , yes really it can be easy to set the inner smaller or the same of the outer but what about contents that can not be wrapped (large images or texts that can't be wrapped) for example with three column design if the content of the center column gets larger than expected (by image for example) the design will look terrible , on the other hand with 'td' it will be at leat acceptable