Thread: flash movie reading current url

Thanks

Default flash movie reading current url

Hi folks,
    I am trying to make a flash header that would load external movies/images depending on what url it is.
    The thought was something like flash movie checks the url, compares with those ones he has stored in his script and if he finds it there it'll load the approperiate external movie/image.
    thanks in advance for any help with this

Thanks

Not that this is necessarily the cleanest way to do it, but you can of course use a get variable to pass along the url:
    <.... src="flash.swf?url=<?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>">

Then you'd have that in flash as you need it. I'm sure there's a way to do this without it, but that may help. If you don't have php available, there are other ways to pass that along if needed.

Of course you'll need to do the other part with deciding how to parse that and do something. (I wouldn't know how in flash.)
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

thanks a lot my friend.
    sorry for the late reply but somehow I didn't get the new post notification.
    anyhow, will try and maybe trouble you some more

THNX!