Thread: advanced photo retouching

Thanks

Default advanced photo retouching

Okay, I am attempting to retouch these 3 photos for my friend, however they are really bad, and I'm not into advanced retouching. So does anyone have any tips? I have Adobe Photoshop CS3 and CS4 extended.

Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    ------------------
    Check out my site here and let me know what you think

Thanks

The last one is the best-- you can for the people just use the clone stamp to clean it up and remove the grain, then do something to smooth out the background (if that matters).
    The other two are just ugly, and that's really just what you're going to get unless you start making up data-- you would be better off, if you really need it to look good and it isn't important if it's accurate, just borrowing from other images that are similar, like for the hands in the first image. You can paint on it a lot, but it needs someone who is very familiar with photoshop to really get anywhere if you aren't going to use other images to patch, etc.
    The images just aren't that good in the first place, so there isn't that much to restore out of them. If you're going for a visual for a purpose, that's fine, but if you're trying to accurately restore the images for a "documentary" purpose (memories, etc), then you may not get very far.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Okay, thanks anyway
    ------------------
    Check out my site here and let me know what you think

Thanks

You may use any tool, the main thing is how to use tools

Thanks

Edit: signature removed: please wait til you have 5 posts.
    Last edited by djr33; 03-18-2009 at 05:04 PM.