Thread: H Tags

Thanks

Question H Tags

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong section to post this,

Can anyone tell me if H tags are important in SEO. i have read different posts on different sites and some say they are and some say there not.

I have all my meta tags in place but would like to know if i should include H tags.

Also any other SEO suggestions welcome. Please note still quite a novice at building websites so please dont be too tech lol

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 3,382 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes. The h (heading) tags, if used properly show important sections of the page. If they include descriptive terms that appropriately describe the sections that they head up, it makes it easier for search engines to catalogue your content and rate its relevance to search terms. A search term appearing in a heading is more significant than one which simply appears in the text of the page. Not all search engines work this way, but enough do to make it worth while. That and the fact that if your content is organised in such a fashion, it also makes it easier for humans to read it and find in it what they are looking for.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 04-06-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: English Usage
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

djohno24 (02-13-2009)