Thread: Error Message With I-Frame Ticker

Thanks

Question Error Message With I-Frame Ticker

Checked the javascript console for errors with the I-Frame ticker that isn't "ticking" on my computer (nor on my parents computer either) and it read as follows:

Error: too much recursion
    Source File: http://ambushrollerhockey.com/exfile2.htm
    Line: 126

Error: too much recursion
    Source File: http://ambushrollerhockey.com/exfile.htm
    Line: 129

In fact there were multiple instances of this error. What does this mean? Is it something I did to the file(s) or is it a bug that needs to be fixed by the code's developer??

Oh yeah, this error is also present but I can't tell if its coming from my website page with respect to this ticker or another page in reference to something else:

Error: [Exception... "'Permission denied to get property HTMLDocument.body' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]
    Last edited by Ambushrollerhockey; 08-01-2005 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks

It often happens in Maple that one procedure will call a second procedure, which in turn calls a third, and so on. Each time a procedure calls another, some information must be stored in an area of memory called the stack. This is removed when the called procedure returns. The stack has only a finite capacity, and when it is full this error message occurs. The size of the stack may vary depending on the platform, available memory in the computer, and whether or not you are using a student edition of Maple.
    //\\ //\\// || //\\//\\ //\\ ||_
    SOFTWARE

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't think Ambushrollerhockey mentioned Maple, Ian, what is that? Anyways, to Ambushrollerhockey:

Do you get these errors on the demo page of this script? If so, probably is a bug. If not, probably some error you allowed to creep in while customizing. Could be both though. Only real way to tell is to see your full source code in action:

PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

mmmmm..... well I guess you either want to be looking at the source for http://ambushrollerhockey.com or perhaps http://ambushrollerhockey.com/NewAmbushTemplate.html which is the template used to create all pages for the redesigned site. And the path for the external ticker files are listed in the initial post. I believe it must be something either with my page or particular to something on the computer I'm viewing from, because if I just save and upload the sample exfile.htm from the dynamic drive website and try to run it from my webpage I get the same problem as I do with my own configured exfile.htm, which is that it won't "tick" on my home computer or my parents home computer either, yet it works fine on computers here at work. Just figured I take a look at the java console in Firefox from my home computer this morning and that's when I saw those errors. I've been going crazy trying to get this stupid ticker to work on any computer it's viewed from, checked all the basic browser settings, etc. to make sure it's not something dumb preventing it from running on certain computers.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is going to be tough for me, if not impossible, because it works fine here. What kind of firewalls are involved at home? Do they differ from those at work? Also, you haven't answered this question:

Do you get these errors on the demo page of this script?

I should rephrase that to make it more specific:

If you view the demo page here at Dynamic Drive from home, does it work or not?
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

sorry, i misunderstood your question, but yes, if i simply view the demo exfile.htm from the DD website from the "affected computers" (mine, my parents) it works. I was wondering about possible firewall issues, as the "affected computers" both run Norton Firewall, but then again I was thinking that if the firewall or a pop up blocker was blocking access to the uploaded exfile file then I would get nothing at all in the I-frame on my web pages. I have no clue what firewalls we run here at work (not going to ask either because I'll get grief and suspicion). Also, and I can't confirm this 100% since I'm not home right now, but I believe that if I view either the demo exfile.htm or my customized exfile.htm as a local file (both from C:/) on my computer in Firefox or IE they both work. (wish I could confirm that right now). I can't remember how my home page views/previews when viewed as a local file though.

Thanks

Well I'll be damned..... just messed around with disabling Norton Firewall then only the pop-up blocking service and it turns out the stupid pop-up blocker software in Norton Firewall/NIS prevents the ticker from ticking by default. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to configure it to allow the ticker to run without enabling all pop-ups for my website's url.