Thread: Rewriting an animated flash menu in JavaScript

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Rewriting an animated flash menu in JavaScript

I have been asked to create an animated menu for a client that resembles this flash one:
    http://www2.tvr.ro/eurovision/flash/header.swf
    Since I don't have any knowledge of flash I thought I would try to write this in JavaScript, using jQuery or MooTools. As you can see, the animations are a bit more complex than your average JavaScript menu so I was wondering if you guys think this will be possible. The client specifically asked for the bounciness that you can see in the flash menu, so using simple slideDown and slideUp in jQuery is not enough.

So, would you think it's possible to create a similar menu using JavaScript?
    Last edited by Snookerman; 04-21-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: added "Resolved" prefix
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Personally I don't think it will be possible to convert the menu, JavaScript can do a lot, but it won't come out exactly like that. You may be able to recreate some parts of it but flash will always have an extra edge that JavaScript can't match. You'll have to wait for one of the JavaScript gurus to reply though, then we'll see.
    Last edited by Schmoopy; 01-31-2009 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,421 Times in 3,382 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mootools has the bounce transition:

http://mootools.net/docs/Fx/Fx.Trans...sitions:bounce

which may be applied during its Fx.Morph and other Fx.

jQuery has only linear and swing easing properties by default for for its animate function, but these may be extended with available plug ins.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate