Thread: load an external page into an edit region

Thanks

Default load an external page into an edit region

My homepage is made with dreamweaver templates.One region is editable. I want an external internet webpage to load on the editable region (onload event). Do I have to transform the editable region in a frame?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

Please include your code so that we can take a look at it, we can't do much without it.

Please do the above.
    Also: Can you use PHP? If you don't know, make a new page on your site called 'test.php' and put the following:
    Code:
    <?php
    echo "<center>PHP is enabled!</center>";
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    Last edited by Nile; 01-25-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Yes, I use php. My homepage is www.st-triphon.ch
    In the drop down menu "pratique" there is "adresses". Clicked on adresses an external page is opened on another browser window. I would like this page to be load in the dark green area of my page. How can I do that? Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, I assume you know a little PHP to, so with that I'm not gonna give many explanations(unless you need them). You could use the cURL function, you could use an iframe(not suggested), you could use Ajax, or you could use the file_get_contents function.

I hope that helps. If your using the PHP functions you'd have to use the <base> tag(in html).
    Jeremy | jfein.net

Thanks

Thanks for your three suggestions. I've first thought to try with ajax but it doesn't seem to be possible, as the webpage that I want to load into my page is hosted on another server. Am I correct?