Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Merchant OrderForm

Thanks

I've been watching this thread for a while. I'm a long time MOF user and started with 1.4 then 2.4 and finally 2.5. Over the years Russ has been great helping me with custom code and fixes. It was with some dismay I went to check some docs online at the MOF site and found it gone. I tried emailing Russ but no response. He was always great getting back right away. He's disappeared. I see there are many other users here in the same boat. I have the install packages for all the versions above and some plug in code. I don't have the 2.5 docs, I would love to get them.
    I was thinking of setting up a file sharing account and posting my versions of MOF here. If I could get the docs, I could host those as well. I'm wondering, I paid for all the versions I have and quite a bit of support to Russ. But, I understand MOF is still Russ's intellectual property and don't want to cause him or the moderators here any grief. Still I hate to see all his hard work go to waste and a community of like minded users that could continue to support the code would be great, this looks like a great place to do that. So, I'm inclined to go ahead and post a link to the scripts and if Russ sees it and has any objection I would trust he would chime in and I would pull it.
    I see the docs were posted but pulled and offers of the script are offered through private email but not posted. Is that because it's a problem posting the script links? I thought I would ask before doing so.

Thanks

But, I understand MOF is still Russ's intellectual property
    Benteen

The link to which you refer is mine and for the reason in quotes I prefer to deliver the files to those who I believe have licenced copies the software.

It was a sad day when Russell disappeared - I have little doubt in my own mind that it was costing him more in support time than he ever made from sales - a great shame for him and the users.

However it does seem that there are still plenty of active users and I think some sort of user group or forum to pool knowledge would be of value.

Benteen please drop me an email and I'll be happy to reactivate the link for you.

Cheers
    Dave

Thanks

Thanks Dave. I see you have all the files people are asking for as well and are a consistent and helpful presence here so hosting my files with the possible ownership issues is probably not necessary.

I agree, having a central place to exchange scripts and help would be great. Right now I'm interesting in modifying the Authnet script as they soon will require support for gift cards, something currently not in Russ's script.

Thanks for the offer of the docs, I'll PM you.

Thanks

Thanks Dave for the docs. I hope this thread will stay alive and will serve as a place to continue Russ's script. I'll post the results of my Authnet mod and if anyone else has any ideas I hope they will be posted here.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Hi,
    I've been following this thread & it appears to me that you are the MOF expert! I had MOF v2.5 installed on my site by (I think his name is) Russ in March of '08. Recently, my hosting company(webhost4life) had all it's sites migrated to a new platform & since then my shopping cart stopped working. An error occurs if you go to sequels.com; then click on view items on the left side; then click on any item & then click 'add to cart'. The error also occurs when you try to 'view cart' at the top of the page.
    I've tried the troubleshooting directions but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you
    Last edited by sequels; 06-28-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks

Hi sequels

On this occasion I'm afraid I won`t be of much help. According to the error message on your website you're hosted on a Microsoft-IIS/6.0... I only do Linux...

Maybe someone else here has done an IIS install and knows their way around.

Cheers
    Dave

Thanks

Hi Dave,
    Okay. Thanks for your fast reply! One last question - do you have the documentation file that used to be located at http://www.merchantorderform.com/docs/. Obviously, since this site is down, they're no longer available.

I hope you can help!
    Thanks again!

Thanks

sequels.. you can download it here

www.aviationancestry.com/mofdox.zip

9. The Following User Says Thank You to contentd For This Useful Post:

sequels (06-28-2010)

Thanks

Hi Dave,
    Thanks so much for the link . . . it was exactly what I needed!

You're a life saver!!!

Thanks

Dave,
    Looks like you have been a huge help to many... We have been running first 1.5 then 1.8 then I was given the access to dl 2.4 when Russell finished it but then he shut down... We could use the update too if possible.
    lights at usalights dot com