Thread: Using existing scripts on a website plugin

Thanks

Default Using existing scripts on a website plugin

Hi folks,
    I've tried emailing directly to no response.
    I have a cheap commercial website creator plugin for Lightroom that uses horizontal scrolling. I'd like to use the CMotion script or similar in it, but to me it seems to be in the cracks in the terms of usage. I'm not using it to create a client website, and I'm not selling the script. The script will be optional in the plugin.

Can anyone direct me with this? I've done a test version with the script to make sure it works, but I'm not releasing it without permission.

Sean

Thanks
    Thanked 3,216 Times in 3,178 Posts
    Blog Entries

You may use it in a plugin, as long as any page or resulting page that uses the plugin and the script has the script's credit in its source code. If you charge for the plugin, you cannot charge more for it with the script than without it, except for whatever value is added by your effort (time) at integrating the script, the script itself is free.

I think what you may be hung up on is the redistribution restriction. This applies to - say you have a CD of javascript codes. You may not include it in that.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscheuer1 For This Useful Post:

lostb0y (01-23-2009)

Thanks

John,
    Thank you very much for taking time to respond. There is no additional charge for using the script, and the code is intact. The updated version of the plugin will also be free to current users. It was the redistribution that got me, I wasn't sure how it applied.
    Again thanks for your time. I'm sure I'll be hanging here a bit as I delve further into my own coding!

Sean