Thread: starting somewhere

Thanks

Default starting somewhere

Where's a good place to start learning sql or another databases basics? I've used Microsoft express sql at work, but I've only used it to set up tables never actually coded with it directly. I'd prefer for something I could run on a mac if anyone knows of one that could do that. Thanks for anyway you can direct me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Probably the most commonly-used database system is MySQL. PostgreSQL is also popular, and far more featureful than MySQL, but at the cost of some speed. If you just want something basic to start out with, SQLite is also available: SQLite is implemented as a simple library, and a database is just a file on the disk (or in memory, if you so desire).

A whole bunch of tutorials can be found for any of the above by searching for "$database tutorial" in Google, but I will particularly recommend this PostgreSQL tutorial.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twey For This Useful Post:

bluewalrus (01-23-2009),sprinteroz (01-24-2009)