Thread: Language translator

Thanks

Thumbs up Language translator

Hi,

here i have a problem with language conversion.

i have a list box. in this different language options like english,french,spanish ....

here when i entered into website than, which language i select the webpage will be convert to that language automatically...this process going through the total website.this project is dynamic one..

plz help me asap. i didnt get any idea about this...

Thanks & Regards
    Kishore

Thanks

Firstly, I can't really understand you completely and don't know exactly what you're asking... But I'll try to anyway:

If you want to have the site change language you first need to make the site in whatever languages you have it in, and maybe have a different directory for them.

So like : www.yourdomain/en/index.html

and then maybe a spanish version : www.yourdomain/es/index.html

That would be the easiest way to do it.

If this wasn't what you were looking for then please try to rephrase the question.

Thanks

Hi Kishore

You could redirect the user to a subdomain, eg for french, you could have a subdomain:

fr.yourdoman.com

and for german:

de.yourdoman.com

etc... And all the translated bits go to the subdomains, if that makes sense? If that's too much hassle, a simple folder would do the trick;

www.yourdomain.com/fr or www.yourdomain.com/de etc...

The last option (a bit ugly) would be to use querystrings; ie:

www.yourdomain.com/index.php?language=german
    or
    www.yourdomain.com/index.php?language=french
    etc...

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi Schmoopy,

Thanks for giving reply..

thats right what u told me..

how can i convert a web page from english to other languages..in this way every folder having all files ?

is there any softwares or any alternate methods?

plz reply me with patience.because, my communication is not good...

Thanks& Regards
    kishore

Thanks

There are two problems:
    1. You need to have the text on your webpage in each language you want to display.
    2. You need to display that language, when the user chooses that language.

The ideas above will help you with (2), but not with (1).

Translating automatically will be very difficult and not very accurate. You will do much better if you save the text in each language. You can make files, or make a database, etc. But you do need to save that text first, then you can display it on the pages, from the html pages in each language, from the database, etc.

If you really want to make it automatically translate (and have a way to do that), then you just would have one page, that outputs the text in whatever language you want, like you want to have "welcome" appear, so you have in your code something like "translate('welcome')" and it will output, if the language is German, "welkommen," etc.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

To do the actual translation of the site you will need to hire people if you want it to be professionally done, alternatively you could always translate the site piece by piece by going to something like www.freetranslation.com but the translations there are all done by a script, therefore not very accurate for paragraphs of information. But they can work very well if you know how to use them and translate only a couple of words at a time.

Good luck with it anyway,

Jack.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Hi,

Thank u soo
    tha above all solutions r good..but these two are difficult to me...
    please provide me two languages with two simple pages(example)...
    and explanation...plz help me with patience....

Thanks

http://php-mysql-tutorial.com

Start here, and start at the last one and go backwards (the older ones are about starting, and the newer ones are more advanced):
    http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/wi...px?PageIndex=2

That will get you started with a database. That's how I would do this.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

"Hi Kishor, Google automatically detects the language and then translates it to your language. You will get a rough idea of what the page is trying to say, but it is not accurate. There are some common words between two languages. I was quite surprised that a lot of words in English are from French or Spanish. Find some listed here https://www.mayflowerlanguages.com/know-french-english-words/"
    Last edited by james438; 08-01-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks

This thread is nearly 10 years old and is being closed. While it is not against the rules to respond to old threads, it is discouraged. If someone would like to have a closed thread reopened, please message one of the moderators.
    To choose the lesser of two evils is still to choose evil. My personal site