Thread: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.0 - Conflict?

Thanks

Red face Animated Collapsible DIV v2.0 - Conflict?

I'm trying to get a page up and running and your "Animated Collapsible DIV v2.0" (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...edcollapse.htm) is pretty close to my need. I like it.

Unfortunately, it appears to be conflicting with another scripts I am using on my same page.

The conflicting element is a Forms Validator (http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.ht...orm-validation)

Specifically, the presence of the includes for your script breaks the functionality of the Validator. I REALLY want to use both of this and yours, but with this conflict, one of them has to go.

Any thought's?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The two scripts at a glance shouldn't conflict with each other. Can you clarify what you mean by:

Specifically, the presence of the includes for your script breaks the functionality of the Validator.
    ? I suspect it's the way you've set up the two scripts on your page, perhaps one connected to the other in some way, that's creating problems. If the two scripts are just added on the same page in different sections, there shouldn't be any issues.
    DD Admin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

bryanfox (01-19-2009)

Thanks

THANK YOU for responding.

Your Animated Collapsible DIV breaks the functioning of the validator.

The validator I mention is one of those hot dynamic ones that puts outlines around the fileds that have not yet been filled in. If I comment out or remove your script, the validator works.

Does that help?

Thanks

Oh, you mentioned ...

"If the two scripts are just added on the same page in different sections, there shouldn't be any issues."

I've been playing with which one comes before the other. Placining them IN the page, versus .js files being referenced by the page....

Same thing.

Thanks

Smile

In a general message you posted, and QUITE likely applicable to my question, you mentioned that conflicts between duplicate scripts or different scripts where there might be a replicated use of "variable names, functions, or access to an event handler" are not generally supported here.

My apologies... I'm considerably stupid in javascript and am generally limited to employing a script here - or a script there and being overjoyed that the work. So I'm good at appreciating things that work.

The conflict I'm having is perhaps the product of what you mentioned.

Can you steer me in the right direction?

The creator of the validator script has not reponded... and perhpas won't. I've noticed an obvious lack of activity on thier forum board.

Thanks for any help you might give!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Do you have a URL to the problem page? A visual of the problem would be most helpful.
    DD Admin

Thanks

Going live with this in the next couple days.
    Have presented a temporary compromise on the functionality.

Will prep examples for review afterwards.

Thanks for your help.