Thread: Does the web copyright is possible?

Thanks

Default Does the web copyright is possible?

Hello friends,
    I have made a blog of my own consisting my creations like poems in it. I donít want someone to use my creations on his names. Is web copyright possible so that I can make my blog consisting my poetic creations secured?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,231 Times in 3,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

As long as you are the first to publish, it is copyright. If you want more specifics though, get a lawyer.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

Default RE:Does the web copyright is possible?

It happens sometimes that your data is getting stolen from the web based platforms but now the web copyright is possible in order to save your data from getting it duplicate. I know about an online service. It helps you to save your data from getting copied by making copyright of your creation.
    Last edited by jscheuer1; 01-17-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Remove spam link

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Copyright is free. Simply being the first to publish your work on the web is proof of copyright, though this may sometimes be difficult to prove. Registering your work with a responsible organization is one way to prove your right, though I have no idea if the organization mentioned by Wesley is responsible or not.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

The only way to definately establish your copyright is to register it, but that costs time and money.

I know from reading W Bruce Cameron, who wrote books like "Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter," (later made into a TV Show) he started writing blogs and such, and he says it's really hard to stop copyright infringement.

He said he doesn't mind people using his stuff, but it gets him mad when they pass it off as their own.

jscheuer1 is absolutely correct when he says the copyright is established (at least in the USA) when you first create the work. Of course if you have to prove it, it becomes more difficult.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

There is another aspect to this issue. Copyright is rather meaningless in situations where no harm is done in the copying. So if your material has no real value anyway, someone else using it causes no real harm. Just something to think about.
    - John

Thanks

Actually, here's something else to think about. One way to Quickly and very Cheaply Copyright something is to make a hard copy containing your name, the date created and of course that it is subject to copyright. You then simply place it in an envelope, lick the back of the stamp and send it to yourself!

NOTE: Whatever you do, don't open it once it is returned to your address!

The purpose of doing this is that when the material is posted it gets an official DATE STAMP issued from the Post Office. If anyone uses your material without permission you can then use this as legal proof of ownership!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

That's a very good idea danny_matthews, and economical. I suppose that it would also work for - say, a CD with the content (html, images, layout, scripts, etc.) on it. Mail that to yourself, open only in court if you need to prove copyright.
    - John

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've done this before. It's best to also have a notarized list of contents in the envelope, and keep it in a safe deposit box.

Thanks

and also with self copyrighting by mail it to yourself. Send it Registered Mail so you have to sign for it.