Thread: Old Speakers

Thanks

Default Old Speakers

I have these speakers that I acquired from my family years ago. They were for a radio/cd unit. I think they were pretty nice and would do better than the old beige windows 98 color/style that I have under my feet. Though the problem is that they don't have a headphone cable. I have a red and black cable coming from each. Would anyone know how to get it so I could plug it into my computer through the headphone input?

If you need a picture to help, just yell at me and I'll put up one...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, back in 'the good old days' we (us neighborhood kids) used to work a lot with soldering irons and wire strippers (or a pen knife) and jacks (see your local Radio Shack (TM) or similar for supplies and tools). You can in this fashion wire just about anything audio to just about anything else audio. However, when it comes to audio output and speakers, you also have to make sure that the output current is sufficient to drive the speakers that you are trying to hook up to it. A light duty amplifier might be required in the setup that you are contemplating.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

hi man just buy one from ebay its cheaper then making your own

link http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkw...romZR40QQ_mdoZ

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 3,410 Posts
    Blog Entries

That can work as long as you have a jack on both ends to connect to and the current is sufficient.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate