Thread: Enlaring images and retrieval of data problems

Thanks

Default Enlaring images and retrieval of data problems

I have 2 problems currently and any help help would be greatly appriciated.

Ok, so I am building a flash site for a family member on a house they are renting out. I have a map which is in quite a bit of detail so it cannot take up the whole of the location "page". What I am wanting is that when someone either hovers their mouse or clicks on (I don't mind) the image, a very big image of it displays. Please can anyone give me a detailed description on what I need to do?

Also, my second problem is a booking form I have for the site. Currently I have it programmed so that when someone clicks Submit the details gets emailed to me - everything works except drop down boxes - it cannot retrieve the information from drop down boxes only text boxes. I have 6 drop down boxes I called them box1, box2 etc. and I based the retrieval of drop down boxes information on text boxes but oviously it is not working Currently I have for the submit button this:

on (release) {
    _parent.getURL("booking.php","_blank","GET");
    _parent.name=" Your Name";
    _parent.email=" Your Email";
    _parent.phone=" Your Phone";
    _parent.numadults=" Num of Adults";
    _parent.numchildren=" Num of Children";
    _parent.comments=" Comments";
    _parent.box1="Arrival";
    _parent.box2="Departure";
    _parent.box3="Arrival";
    _parent.box4="Departure";
    _parent.box5="2009";[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]
    _parent.box6="2009";
    }

Any help please? Thanks

Thanks

Ok, so I am building a flash site for a family member on a house they are renting out. I have a map which is in quite a bit of detail so it cannot take up the whole of the location "page". What I am wanting is that when someone either hovers their mouse or clicks on (I don't mind) the image, a very big image of it displays. Please can anyone give me a detailed description on what I need to do?
    Is this a 100% Flash site? If not, I would recommend using JavaScript for this (through the External API, if necessary).

Also, my second problem is a booking form I have for the site. Currently I have it programmed so that when someone clicks Submit the details gets emailed to me - everything works except drop down boxes - it cannot retrieve the information from drop down boxes only text boxes. I have 6 drop down boxes I called them box1, box2 etc. and I based the retrieval of drop down boxes information on text boxes but oviously it is not working Currently I have for the submit button this
    Are you using the combobox component or did you create a custom "drop down". I'm assuming you're using the component. In which case, the data is stored in the "selectedItem" property of the combobox instance. You can find more information on that here.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

It is in fact 100% flash. Anyway I have found a way around it.

Regarding the drop down boxes, I am new to flash and I did not really understand the link you gave. The details I have are below..I would be grateful if you could tell me what is wrong.

I have a name, email, phone number, number of adults, number of children, message and 6 combo boxes. Everything is working except the 6 combo boxes.

This is the code for the submit button:

PHP Code:
    on (release) {

_parent.getURL("booking.php","_blank","GET");

_parent.name="Your Name";

_parent.email="Your Email";

_parent.phone="Your Phone";

_parent.box1text="Arrival Date";

_parent.numadults="Num. of Adults";

_parent.numchildren="Num. of Children";

_parent.box1.getSelectedItem().data
        _parent
    .box2.getSelectedItem().data
        _parent
    .box3.getSelectedItem().data
        _parent
    .box4.getSelectedItem().data
        _parent
    .box5.getSelectedItem().data
        _parent
    .box6.getSelectedItem().data

And this is part of the bit for the php:

PHP Code:
        $box1 $_GET['box1'];

$box2 $_GET['box2'];

$box3 $_GET['box3'];

$box4 $_GET['box4'];

$box5 $_GET['box5'];

$box6 $_GET['box6']; 

I would be very grateful if you could help as I have been trying to get this working for a few weeks now.