Advanced Search

Thread: Slide Menu issue

Thanks

Default Slide Menu issue

Using the Dynamic-FX Side Slide-In Menu (6.5) I get a bleed of color into the rest of the frame. For example when I choose a link, the yellow highlight colors the entire frame. If I change the cell background from white to say blue, the entire frame becomes blue. The following is a link to where I am trying to use it.

http://icpakron.org/menuindex.html
    Last edited by Douglas; 01-12-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread for the proper posting format when asking a question.
    Also, your link is dead.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 3,098 Posts
    Blog Entries

The link is working now, but the menu only shows up in Opera. The page looks drastically different in Opera, FF, and IE. There is no bleed through in Opera, with the others - as I say - no menu at all.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Your link is working now in all browsers and the issue you are having is actually from the original code, there are some pretty old stuff in there. To get rid of the problem, find this code on line 75 in your ssm.js file and remove the highlighted:
    Code:
    document.write('<TD BGCOLOR="'+linkBGColor+'" onmouseover="bgColor=\''+linkOverBGColor+'\'" onmouseout="bgColor=\''+linkBGColor+'\'" WIDTH="'+ssmItems[i][5]+'px" COLSPAN="'+ssmItems[i][3]+'"><ILAYER><LAYER onmouseover="bgColor=\''+linkOverBGColor+'\'" onmouseout="bgColor=\''+linkBGColor+'\'" WIDTH="100%" ALIGN="'+linkAlign+'"><DIV  ALIGN="'+linkAlign+'"><FONT face="'+linkFontFamily+'" Size="'+linkFontSize+'">&nbsp;<A HREF="'+ssmItems[i][1]+'" target="'+ssmItems[i][2]+'" CLASS="ssmItems">'+ssmItems[i][0]+'</DIV></LAYER></ILAYER></TD>')}
    I have no idea why that is there but the menu seems to work fine without it, tested in Fx3 and IE7.

@ddadmin
    - I suggest someone should look over the code since this happens with the code on the demo page.

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Thanks. Got it. I don't know how to edit the original message to post a resolved but it it.

Thanks

Default I had this same problem

on Safari (Windows) and some installations of IE. Taking out the ILAYER in the ssm.js file fixed it.

Dude, take it out if is not relevant and causes problems please! It is a nice script otherwise and VERY happy I can use it!