Thread: Using a third party font on the server

Thanks

Question Using a third party font on the server

Hi

I am using a third party font in my webpage for some of my text. When I upload my pages on the server, the text does not seem to be using the third-party font (obviously because its not registered on the server).

Is there anyway, I can still use that font for my website WITHOUT registering it on the server?

Plz advise how...

Thanx

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Take a look into this page

Code:
    http://janashakthionline.com/
    The font you see will NOT or is NOT installed in ur puter still u can see that font. How come?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The font you see there is Verdana. Here is a part of the text to show you that you can see it on this forum as well without any script or styling:
    ഡോക്*ടര്* പട്*നായിക്കിന്റെ ഉത്*കണ്*ഠ പങ്കിടുന്നവരാണ്* ഇടതുപക്ഷത്തില്* ഭൂരിപക്ഷവും. വികസനത്തിന്റെ സ്വഭാവം എന്തായിരിക്കണം എന്നതിനെക്കുറിച്ച്* ചര്*ച്ചകള്* നടക്കുന്നുണ്ടെന്ന്* വിശ്വസിക്കേണ്ടിയിരിക്കുന്നു. അല്ലെങ്കില്* `മോഡി മോഡല്* വികസനമാണ്* നമുക്ക്* വേണ്ടതെന്ന്*' ഒരു മാര്*ക്*സിസ്റ്റ്* എം പി പറയുമോ?? പഠനവും ശ്രവണവും മനനവും നിദിധ്യാസനവും കൊണ്ട്* നഷ്*ടപ്പെട്ട ചിന്ത വീണ്ടെടുക്കാം. പക്ഷേ കമ്മ്യൂണിസ്റ്റ്* മൂല്യബോധം നഷ്*ടപ്പെട്ടാല്* പ്രതീക്ഷ വേണ്ടെന്ന്* വയ്*ക്കേണ്ടിവരും.
    Those are just special characters, take a look at the source code.

If you want to use your own font I suggest you take a look at the links I posted.

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have Verdana on my system, don't you? It's the character set that's odd. Technically not even that, as they are all decimal entities that represent Unicode characters.

അഭിമുഖം
    Code:
    അഭിമുഖം
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate

Thanks

How do they make that kinda characters?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you want to do it the way they are doing it (i.e. using special characters) take a look at this site: http://unicode.org/charts/

Good luck!
    Eddy Proca

Thanks
    Thanked 3,211 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Blog Entries

See also my above post in this thread.
    - John

Show Additional Thanks: International Rescue Committee - Donate or: The Ocean Conservancy - Donate or: PayPal - Donate