Advanced Search

Thread: Ajax Tab Content Script (v 2.2)

Thanks

Default Ajax Tab Content Script (v 2.2)

1) Script Title: Ajax Tab Content Script (v 2.2)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tent/index.htm

3) Describe problem: everytime i change the tab it always reload even though i were on the tab before, can it be saved?i mean when i first visit the tab off course it will load the content, but the next time i visit the tab again after i go to another tab, it won't reload because it's been loaded before..can it be done?
    thx

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Are you talking about an Ajax fetched content, or IFRAME? With the former, you can disable busting of cache by modifying the code in red in the .js file:

Code:
    bustcacheparameter=(ajaxfriendlyurl.indexOf("?")!=-1)? "&"+new Date().getTime() : "?"+new Date().getTime()
    to just:

Code:
    bustcacheparameter=""
    For the later, try modifying the line:

Code:
    window.frames["_ddajaxtabsiframe-"+contentdivid].location.replace(pageurl) //load desired page into iframe
    to:
    Code:
    window.frames["_ddajaxtabsiframe-"+contentdivid].location=pageurl //load desired page into iframe
    DD Admin

Thanks

both of them..
    and btw i've edited the variable bustcacheparameter and window.frames
    but it still doesn't work, it keeps on reloading the requested page of the tab..
    is there anything else i should do?
    thx

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, with the changes above, the browser will still load the requested tab's content each time, but it takes advantage of the browser cache so repeat requests should be from the browser cache, not a hard reload of the content. That's different from the script not requesting the content at all after the 1st time- there's no easy way to do this, since the content container area is overwritten each time with the active tab's content.

Now, Tab Content script loads all the contents all at once and merely toggles between them for any subsequent requests.
    DD Admin

Thanks

ok thx admin...
    Gbu