Thread: All Levels Navigational Menu: Positioning and IE problem

Thanks

Default All Levels Navigational Menu: Positioning and IE problem

1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu (ddlevelsmenu)

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

1) In firefox, the sub item menus are positioning themselves in the upper left of the page, far from the menu.

2) In IE, the item menus are disappearing before you can mouse over them.

I'm having a hell of a time with this script, although it seems to be pretty straight forward. Not sure if I'm complicating the whole thing!

Here is a link to the site in question: http://s52411.gridserver.com/Artisan.html

I've also attached the css.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The problem most likely is due to the HTML for your sub menus not being added outside any other tags other than the <BODY>). A good place to add them should be at the end of the page. This is documented on the script page.

Before you try the above solution though, upgrade to v2.0 of the script (only the .js file has changed). It attempts to move the sub menus automatically for you to the proper position on the page.
    DD Admin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

modernalliance (01-08-2009)

Thanks

Thanks,

I guess I misunderstood exactly what she meant by "outside any other tags other than the <BODY>"

thanks again.

Thanks

I downloaded and installed v2.0 of the javascript. I also moved the html script to the end, just before the closing /body tag. One thing I noticed is that I have the site nested in a wrapper. I placed the html for the sub menus outside of the wrappers closing /div but still having the same problem.

Thanks

got it to work. apparently, when i was previewing the page, it was an older version...i'm an idiot. thanks for you help though.