Thread: not sure how to phrase the question but please look in to the explanation

Thanks

Default not sure how to phrase the question but please look in to the explanation

i am not sure if it is possible or not but if it is than i would be very gratefull you had helped me earlier also

the help i am needing is for my office intranet

we have a site which is in asp and we have to log in to it using our id number and password once we are in the site i have created a different site for our department which is in php and hosted on apache now what i want help in is that when any one logs on to the main site and clicks on my site is there a way i can find out there id number so that i can track usage of my site and get daily stats and so on when my site was in asp my friend did the coding and we were able to find out how many persons using the id have accessed our site

even if the code is in php or any other language it will do as asp will not work in apache

any help is welcome if i did not make my self clear please do let me know so that i can post back and clear my doubts

Gur

Thanks

guys if it cannot be done do let me know

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If you're running *nix on your server (which I recommend) you can use mod_mono for Apache to run ASP.NET pages. It doesn't work on Windows.
    It is certainly possible - simply pass the ID as a GET variable (<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/page.php?id=<%=Id%>">Link to your site</a>) then grab it at the other end: (<?php $id = $_GET['id']; ?>). This isn't, however, particularly secure, so don't rely on it for logins or anything. For a tad of extra security, you can also check the referer (strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], "aspsite.com")).
    Last edited by Twey; 07-26-2005 at 01:17 PM.
    Twey | I understand English | 日本語が分かります | mi jimpe fi le jbobau | mi esperanton komprenas | je comprends franšais | entiendo espa˝ol | t˘i Ýt hiểu tiếng Việt | ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch | beware XHTML | common coding mistakes | tutorials | various stuff | argh PHP!