Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel vs. AMD

Thanks

I actually prefer AMD over Intel. I find that all the computers I use with Intel are a bit slower than AMD.

And AMD sounds cooler, I have an AMD 64 chip.
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration

Thanks

AMD got a better price : performance index.
    Intel CPUs are good but cost more, they are good at high ended laptop CPUs.

I personally like both and select the appropriate brands depends on what kind of PC I needed and what kind of processing task I am performing.

Hope this helps!
    Bill

Thanks

This may just be a coincidence, but any time our helpdesk finds one of those "really strange" computer problems that doesn't really make any sense, it is ALWAYS on an AMD cpu.

It probably doesn't have anything to do with the cpu itself, more likely the chipset that the CPU relies on...

...I lean towards Intel because factually on our helpdesk, we have less software issues with Intel machines.

Regards,

Jonathan

Thanks

AMD are generaly cheaper and are more energy efficient, however in recent times Intel have given AMD the wood in performance.

Thanks

AMD's never let me down - amazingly quiet and doesn't get very hot when I leave my computer on for over 24 hrs.

It's probably because I'm running Linux - and everything works better with Linux...

// X96 \\
    Alex Blackie, X96 Design
    My Website
    I specialize in: HTML5, CSS3, PHP, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, MongoDB, Linux Server Administration