Thread: Safari/FF Issue - Sticky Menu and Incorrect Vertical Positioning

Thanks

Default Safari/FF Issue - Sticky Menu and Incorrect Vertical Positioning

1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu (v1.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
    The link ( http://www.yourdotcom.com/ddlevelsmenu/demo.htm ) is to the ddlevelsmenu essentially installed "out of the box". I made two changes which seem to make the menus behave unexpectedly under FF and Safari. :
    1) added submenu links under DHTML Item 1a (Sub Menu Item 1a.1a thru Sub Menu Item 1a.4a)
    2) added submenu links under CSS Item 1a (Sub Menu Item 1b.1a thru Sub Menu Item 1b.4a)

With these additions, the following behaviors are observed:
    1) when expanding either Sub Menu 1a (DHTML) or Sub Menu 1b (CSS), the sub menus (1a or 1b) are displayed but not in the correct vertical location ... they are displayed too far down .. to the right of Menu Item 4a/4b ...
    2) then when hovering over another menu item within the same toplevel, the sub menu staysl visible and is not hidden until the mouse is hovered over a different top level menu item
    3) in this configuration, as soon as the CSS drop down menu is displayed once, it remains sticky and there seems to be no way to make it disappear :-)

Unfortunately, these three behaviors do not occur in IE, but ONLY in FF (3.0.3) and Safari (3.0)

Perhaps this has already been solved, but I exhaustively searched the Forums and did not find any issues that address this behavior. Any help with fixing these problems would be greatly appreciated. Apparently it has something to do with adding sub menu items to the FIRST drop down entry.

Thanks
    David

Thanks

The demo is working correctly for me using FF 3.0.8 and Safari 3.0

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 993 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm using FF 3.08 as well, and at a glance all sub menus seem to be behaving properly. Is this something specific to FF 3.03?
    DD Admin