Advanced Search

Thread: My Dvd rw drive button eject do not function,so I eject from WIN EXPLORER what to do

Thanks

Default My Dvd rw drive button eject do not function,so I eject from WIN EXPLORER what to do

My Dvd rw drive's button eject do not function,so I eject from WIN EXPLORER what to do ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

If it's a hardware problem there's nothing you can do but get the button fixed.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

If you want the dvd in there out there's usually a small safety pin sized whole that will eject it when pressed with a pin or something on the front around the eject button itself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So that's what that's for. Do you know if car cd-players have that?
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

They're on most if not all disc drives, though, for example, not on DVD players... so I don't know about a car.
    Note for slot loading drives: usually on the right inside the slot itself you can find a small pin hole eject button.
    Daniel - Freelance Web Design | <?php?> | <html>| espa˝ol | Deutsch | italiano | portuguŕs | catalÓ | un peu de franšais | some knowledge of several other languages: I can sometimes help translate here on DD | Linguistics Forum

Thanks

Smile

I have seen some DVD drive tray cannot eject by pressing the eject button.

Now, after you ejected the tray using the explore, you can put some wax like the candle on both size of the tray.
    This will lubricate the tray "keys" and eject your CD esily.

Also check the PC case if there is a DVD door panel in front of the actual DVD drive, make sure the spring on the DVD panel is not stuck, if so, try use some w40 to make the spring loose.

Hope this helps!
    Happy new year!
    Bill

Thanks

Hi what type of DVD drive is it ?
    Also have you got the latest drivers and the latest firmware for the DVD drive, if you have all the above it might be a button failing and need to be replaced like Snookerman replyed.

But I also have a dvd drive that playes up with different types of programs and when I press the button I receive the same problems as you, but then when I run linux off a boot Cd... the DVD drive button seems to work no problem when I press it.

In conclusion I have come to, is that some DVD drives are not fully compatible with some types of software and hardware.

Thanks

If I do not do wrong , problem appears in my laptop in the past but an os confg fix it but i do nor remember well ... I think i emailed vaio-link.com support for my vaio laptop ...