Thread: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.01)

Thanks

Default Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.01)

1) Script Title: Smooth Navigational Menu (v1.01)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...smoothmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: First, thank you for the use of that script. I have been able to set it up, works fine with the external file and Ajax...

The problem I have is that I have Flash animations directly under the menu , wich makes the sub-menus appearing BEHIND the Flash animations ( example of the page on wich I'm currently working : http://www.levillagedemusher.com/musher/menu.html ) ... I've tried to put the <div id="smoothcontainer"> in a layer , thinking it might help things go on top, no success ... help ?

( sorry for my english, I'm not bilingual ..)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Try this:
    Code:
    .ddsmoothmenu {
    -x-system-font:none;
    background:#4776C4 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    font-family:Verdana;
    font-size:12px;
    font-size-adjust:none;
    font-stretch:normal;
    font-style:normal;
    font-variant:normal;
    font-weight:bold;
    line-height:normal;
    width:100%;
    z-index:100;
    }
    The larger the z-index, the further toward you the content appears. If the flash animation has a z-index higher than your menu, it will show on top.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snookerman For This Useful Post:

Marc777 (12-15-2008)

Thanks

Thank a lot for taking the time to answer !
    ok.. I've added your code in the ddsmoothmenu.css ... was not better... so I tried to find the z-index for the animation just under, couldn't find it, so I did put it in a layer and added z-index:-1 to the layer, but the sub-menus are still behind...

Maybe I should put that z-index:-1 on the flash anim directly ? how do I do that please if that's the case ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You could also try the specifying the z index of the submenus themselves if they are in separate containers.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

See John's post here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39511 Or, you can try All Levels Menu instead, which uses a IFRAME shim technique to overcome this issue within the script itself.
    DD Admin

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ddadmin For This Useful Post:

Marc777 (12-15-2008)

Thanks

Thanks a lot guys, really cool to help me... as mentionned on the another thread, seems the <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> on the flash anim did it, so problem solved !!!
    Thank you !