Thread: Where to place the code ?

Thanks

Default Where to place the code ?

Hi,
    I am trying to create a pop-up image effect on the homepage of my website, and found what I am looking for here : CSS Pop-up Image Viewer
    Not sure where to place the code though. I have a "Shopify" website, when you go into the admin section to add/remove products and images etc. there are various CSS pages - base.css, page.css, and cart.css.
    Also there are 2 pages which concern the homepage, one is called theme.liquid and has the "head" and "body" sections, meta tags etc. The other is called index.liquid, and is the one I use to place banners and images on the homepage.
    Any idea where I should place the CSS code and the HTML ?
    Thanks in advance, Mickmac

Thanks

got a link? or the code from your page?

Thanks

Hi bluewalrus,

The url of my website is : http://lannacharm.myshopify.com/

And the code I am supposed to use is here : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/cs...ge-viewer/P80/

Thanks for the reply, Mickmac

Thanks

The CSS should probably go "head" template within the <head> tags. The HTML would go wherever the images are that you would like the effect to apply to. It sounds like these would be the "index" template.

I'm not familiar with Shopify, though. I'm just making a guess based on general naming conventions. If Shopify is doing something weird, the above logic might not hold. You might consider posting in the Shopify forums for more specific guidance.

Thanks

Hi Medyman,

If that is the case I will try placing the CSS in theme.liquid within the <head> tags, and the HTML in the index.liquid page and see what happens.
    I don't have much luck with the Shopify forum, quite often nobody bothers to reply to my posts, but this forum has been very helpful to me.
    Thanks for the reply, Mickmac