Thread: fanupdate database problems

Thanks

Default fanupdate database problems

I'm trying to install the FanUpdate onto my website dynamic.modernrevolutions.net and I'm having some problems. I was initially confused with the whole setting up a database thing but I finally figured it out, minimally. Anyway, I'm getting this message every time I go to the install page: ERROR: Could not connect to database server. I'm not sure what to do about it. I looked it up on the website I downloaded it from and it said that if I got that message that meant that I had "something incorrect in my database settings", whereas I cannot figure out for the life of me what it could be, I tried creating a new database but I'm still having the same problem. I thought maybe I wasn't putting the variables in correctly, but I can't see what I need to change there if I didn't. I'm just curious to see if anyone could help with this problem or if they've installed FanUpdate and knows anything about how to fix this. Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Could you post a link to your page or attach the code you are using?
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Thanks

I'm not sure if this matters but I don't even have FanUpdate on my page yet, I still have another blogging system up displayed right now, CuteNews.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Could you post your settings or your variables or anything? It's not easy to find a solution without that.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Yeah: I took the passwords out, but they're there in the actual file I just didn't want to post that. And also, while trying to figure it out I started to consider the fact that maybe it's because I'm hosted by 1&1 webhosting and that's not what i created my database from. All the tutorials I looked at said, "go to your cpanel" and I can't seem to find it though 1&1 so I'm just really confused. That was probably really confusing, sorry.

// ------------->ADMIN VARIABLES

$fanupdate['admin_username'] = 'kendra';
    $fanupdate['admin_password'] = md5('');

// ------------->DATABASE VARIABLES

$fanupdate['dbhost'] = 'localhost';
    $fanupdate['dbuser'] = 'a1158673_kendra';
    $fanupdate['dbpass'] = '';
    $fanupdate['dbname'] = 'a1158673_fan';