Thread: Need to change Css from li:hover to a:hover

Thanks

Default Need to change Css from li:hover to a:hover

The script written in CSS has a hover feature in it. But the hover is written li:hover which doesn't work in IE 6. We have researched and what we found said to write it as a:hover. Can anyone help? Here is the hover part:

#nav-menu li a:hover#a0 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_home_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a1 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_about_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a2 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_subscribe_on_back.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a3 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_current_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a4 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_contribute_on_back.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a5 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_advertise_on_back.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a6 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_partners_on_back.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a7 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_contact2_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a8 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_yearly_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a9 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_single_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a10 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_writers_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a11 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_photo_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a12 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_featured_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a13 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_advertise_on_back.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a14 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_materials_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a15 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_ads_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a16 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_mechanicals_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu li a:hover#a17 {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_distribution_on.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat;}

Thanks

if you are just not getting the image to show I would try to place quotes around the file name...hope that helps.
    What is obvious to you might not be to another.

My Site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

#nav-menu li a:hover#a0
    You cannot place the id value after the hover. Your code should look like this:

Code:
    #nav-menu li a#a0:hover
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!

Thanks

Oh good catch snookerman I didn't even notice that
    What is obvious to you might not be to another.

My Site

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks
    I see the OP hasn't answered so I'll be more clear, try this code:

Code:
    #nav-menu a {background-repeat:no-repeat;}
    #nav-menu #a0:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_home_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a1:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_about_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a2:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_subscribe_on_back.gif);}
    #nav-menu #a3:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_current_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a4:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_contribute_on_back.gif);}
    #nav-menu #a5:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_advertise_on_back.gif);}
    #nav-menu #a6:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_partners_on_back.gif);}
    #nav-menu #a7:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_contact2_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a8:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_yearly_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a9:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_single_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a10:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_writers_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a11:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_photo_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a12:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_featured_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a13:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/button_advertise_on_back.gif);}
    #nav-menu #a14:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_materials_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a15:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_ads_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a16:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_mechanicals_on.jpg);}
    #nav-menu #a17:hover {background: url(Lanitech_Artwork/menu_distribution_on.jpg);}
    As you can see, I simplified it a bit to make it easier to edit and quicker to parse by browsers.
    Eddy Proca
    I love Dropbox. Get it through my girlfriend's referral link (I reached my limit) and both you and her get 500 MB extra! Thanks and you're welcome!