Thread: Lightbox from a Flash -- 'tis possible?

Thanks

Default Lightbox from a Flash -- 'tis possible?

Hi, I was wondering if it were possible to have the Lightbox emerge from a link in flash movie. So far I am able to do '_blank' new windows for image links in my Flash movie (which is on a website), but it would be way more awesome if it could be Lightboxed instead! Just so you know, I tried adding the rel="lightbox" into the script, but that doesn't do anything.

Please let me know how, if it's possible.

Thanks,

qngotron
    Last edited by qngotron; 12-06-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: More details

Thanks

Yes, it's possible. Search the Flash forum and you'll see numerous threads of people asking the same question that should have been solved (I know I've helped tens of people with this myself).

I have a demo of it here (complete with .fla source) at http://www.visualbinary.net/files/tu...box/flash/as2/. Note that I use Lightbox++ in that demo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Medyman View Post
    Yes, it's possible. Search the Flash forum and you'll see numerous threads of people asking the same question that should have been solved (I know I've helped tens of people with this myself).

I have a demo of it here (complete with .fla source) at http://www.visualbinary.net/files/tu...box/flash/as2/. Note that I use Lightbox++ in that demo.
    medyman,

I just read your thread and decided to ask you a question to try my chance. Your demo looks like what I am looking for. The only difference is that I am getting the thumbnails info from an xml file. Do you know how can I use lightbox? I mean I would like to put something into the xml file to call lightbox bout don't know how. Below is a quote from my xml file. Where will I put the rel tag? Thanks in advance.

<thumbnails>
    <thumbnail>
    <filename>1.jpg</filename>
    <title>Item No. 1 (192 color art)</title>
    <description>The Color Art - simple and effective flash website with animated colorful backgrounds</description>
    <url> images/1.jpg</url>
    <target>_self</target>
    <rel>lightbox[roadtrip]</rel>
    </thumbnail>
    <thumbnail>
    <filename>2.jpg</filename>
    <title>Item No. 2 (191 mini orange)</title>
    <description>Mini Orange is a simple flash template with beautiful photo transition effects, AS3</description>
    <url>images/2.jpg</url>
    <target>_parent</target>
    </thumbnail>
    </thumbnails>